Specification for the Beal Joker 9.1mm 70M DryCover
- Diameter: 9.1mm
- Length: 70 metres
- Impact Force: single 8.2kN; half 6kN; twin 9.5kN
- Weight per metre: 53g
- No. of falls: single 5; half 25; twin >25
- Dynamic Elongation: single 37%; half 32%; twin 29%
- Static Elongation: single 8%; half 8%; twin 7%
- Sheath Percentage: 35%
- Sheath Slippage: 0mm
- Dry Treatment: DryCover - Sheath only
- Unicore: Sheath and core bonded together
- Comes with mid-point marked
The Beal Joker 9.1mm DryCover 70m has been tested and conforms to all 3 dynamic rope standards, so its not just a single rope, but also a half and a twin! Most climbers will use this on its own as an ultra-light ultra-smooth running single rope in times where minimal weight and drag are important, but you have the versatility to pair it up with a half rope or another Joker for more traditional climbing without much of a weight penalty. DryCover coating helps to repel dirt and moisture and resists abrasion. This rope passes the Sharp Edge test when used as a half or twin.
The Beal Joker comes with the Unicore treatment which bonds the sheath to the core. Should the sheath be cut or torn, the sheath and core will remain bonded together.
No posts found