Specification for the Goldendry 9.1mm DryCover 60m
- Length: 60 metres
- Diameter: 9.1mm
- Impact Force: single 8.2kN; half 6kN; twin 9.5kN
- Weight per metre: 53g
- No. of falls: single 5; half 25; twin >25
- Dynamic Elongation: single 37%; half 32%; twin 29%
- Static Elongation: single 8%; half 8%; twin 7%
- Sheath Percentage: 35%
- Sheath Slippage: 0mm
- Dry Treatment: Goldendry - Sheath and Core treated
- Unicore: Sheath and core bonded together
- Comes with mid-point marked
The Beal Joker 9.1mm Goldendry 60m has been tested and conforms to all 3 dynamic rope standards, so as well as being a superlight single rope, it can also be used as a half rope and a twin rope! Most climbers will use this on its own as an ultra-light, ultra-smooth running single rope in times when minimal weight and drag are important, but you have the versatility to pair it up with a half rope or another Joker for more traditional climbing without much of a weight penalty. The goldendry treatment makes it am ideal rope to use for Winter and classic alpine mountaineering.
The Beal Joker now comes with the Unicore treatment which cleverly bonds the sheath to the core. Should the sheath be cut or torn, the sheath and core will remain bonded together.
No posts found