Main Features of the Black Diamond ATC Alpine Guide
- A featherweight belay/rappel device, optimized for ropes 8.1-8.5mm in diameter
- Silky smooth, multi-function belay device with self-braking guide mode
- High Friction Mode for greater control and holding power
- Normal Friction Mode for normal climbing and rappelling
- Guide Mode for direct belaying, locks if the second falls and has release and lowering capabilities
- Unique release point built into the uni
- Oval shaped anchor hole allows rope feeding and for you to pull rope more easily
- Great holding power on skinny ropes
- Single Ropes: 8.5mm-9mm
- Half Ropes: 7.3mm-9mm
- Twin Ropes: 6.9mm-9mm
- Weight: 73g
The Black Diamond ATC Alpine Guide is a more compact and lightweight version of the ATC Guide, designed for slimmer ropes and quick mountain ascents. The devices has dual-friction belay and abseil modes. There is also a Guide Mode for belaying one or two seconding climbers.
In Guide Mode The ATC Guide can be attached directly the belay and will lock if the seconding climber falls. This is particularly useful when climbing long alpine rock routes with bolted belays, making progress much faster and changeovers more efficient. With an oval-ized anchor-hole, the device now feeds rope and allows you to pull rope in more easily. Plus, due to a unique release system, the belayer has the ability to lower a climber regardless of weight differences between the climber and belayer.