Main Features of the Black Diamond ATC Guide
- Silky smooth, multi-function belay device with self-braking guide mode
- Lightweight and easy to use
- High Friction Mode for greater control and holding power
- Normal Friction Mode for normal climbing and rappelling
- Guide Mode for direct belaying, locks if the second falls and has release and lowering capabilities
- Unique release point built into the unit
- Suitable for ropes from 7.7mm to 11mm in diameter
- Weight: 88g
The hot-forged ATC-Guide is a versatile multi-function belay device, with dual-friction belay and abseil modes. There is also a Guide Mode for belaying one or two seconding climbers.
In Guide Mode The ATC Guide can be attached directly the belay and will lock if the seconding climber falls. This is particularly useful when climbing long alpine rock routes with bolted belays, making progress much faster and changeovers more efficient.