Main Features of the Black Diamond ATC-XP
- A lightweight, variable-friction belay device with high and low friction mode
- Now 30% lighter than the original
- Machined windows through device for weight savings
- Grooved high-friction mode offers 3 times greater hold and stopping power than regular-friction mode
- Geometric, fluid design reduces rope kinks when lowering your partner
- Wide range of rope compatibility from 7.7mm to 11mm
- Weight: 64g
The Black Diamond ATC-XP Belay is a variable-friction belay device with high and low friction modes. The latest ATC-XP is now 30% lighter than the original thanks to an updated design with windows machined through the body.
In high friction mode, with the live rope running through the grooves, the ATC-XP grips the rope better which is helpful if you are belaying someone bigger and heavier than you. In low friction mode it works much like a normal belay device and runs smoothly even with thicker diameter ropes.
The ATC-XP really comes into its own when used with sub 9mm half and twin ropes, even when the ropes are icy or muddy.
When ice climbing the ACT-XP provides much more control of icy ropes when belaying and abseiling, than a normal belay device.
No posts found