Main Features of the DMM Fly Fly Ice Axe
- Classic all round ice axe updated for winter 2012/2013
- Hot forged ergonomic handle with super grippy injection moulded grip
- Special Pair Deal price - Includes hammer and adze
- T Rated shaft and pick: Strong and tough, ideal for Scottish winter climbing
- Bottom hand rest for better support and grip
- Optional finger trigger rest for leashless climbing - Sold separately
- Predrilled pilot hole for upper finger rest attachment
- Supplied without Leashes
- Weight: 718g - Adze, 721g - Hammer
- Length: 50cm
- Pick: Steel
- Shaft: 7075 alloy tubing
Building on the success and simplicity of the original Fly, the DMM Fly Ice Axe is an extremely functional and good looking ice tool. DMM have kept the basic geometry of the axe the same, whilst updating the pick with a low cut profile making it more comfortable to hold the head when walking in snow and plunging the shaft.
The shaft is slightly curved but still allows plunging in the snow and gives enough clearance so you don't hit your knuckles when pulling over ice bulges or turfy ledges, and the hand rest on the bottom makes the Fly easy to hold, especially when climbing leashless.
The Fly pick is laser cut for a precision fit, making it easy to unscrew and replace, and you can also fit the new Raptor Picks (sold seperately) for less technical terrain and alpine climbing.
Also available as a single tool
Found a better price ? Check out our Price match guarantee
No posts found