Main Features of the DMM Fly Ice Axe
- Classic all round technical ice axe
- Hot forged ergonomic handle
- Interchangable picks
- T Rated shaft and pick: Strong and tough, ideal for Scottish winter climbing
- Lower and upper hand rest for easier climbing on steep ground
- Grippy rubber moulded handle
- Clip in points at top and bottom of ice axe for belays
- Supplied without Leashes
- Weight: 718g - Adze, 721g - Hammer
- Length: 50cm
- Pick: Steel
- Shaft: 7075 alloy tubing
The DMM Fly Ice Axe is an extremely functional and good looking ice tool that can be used for all types of climbing with it's interchangeable picks feature.
The shaft is slightly curved but still allows plunging in the snow and gives enough clearance so you don't hit your knuckles when pulling over ice bulges or turfy ledges, and the hand rest on the bottom makes the Fly easy to hold, especially when climbing leashless.
The Fly pick is laser cut for a precision fit, making it easy to unscrew and replace, and you can also fit the Raptor Picks (sold seperately) for less technical terrain and alpine climbing.
The Fly Ice Axe is now even better than before and remains an excellent all-round winter climbing axe.
No posts found