Main Features of the Julbo Explorer 2 Cameleon Sunglasses
- Top-of-the-range mountain glasses for high altitude environments
- Cameleon (Camel) Polarizing and Photochromic lenses
- Total coverage for max protection
- Easily removable side shields for extra sun protection
- Wide lenses for optimal coverage
- Anti-reflective and Anti-fog finish
- Water-repellent: water slides off the lens easily
- Oil repellent: reduces finger marks for easier cleaning
- Stem ends bend in every direction for a good fit when worn with a beanie or helmet
- Free protective case
- Come with glasses cord
- Lens type: Cameleon (Camel) Polarizing and Photochromic Lenses: Category 2 to 4 - 100% protection against UVA, B and C rays
- Lens colour: Brown
- Lens width: 61mm
- Side arm length: 135mm
- Weight: 44g
The Explorer Cameleon 2 is one of Julbo's top-of-the-range glacier glasses. Fitted with Cameleon (Camel) Polarizing and Photochromic Lenses. Modern in appearance and packed full of features, the Explorers are the perfect glacier glasses for high altitude mountaineering.
What do Polarized and Photochromic mean?
Polarized: The Cameleon lenses have a special filter which highly reduces glare (dazzle) from sunlight reflected off snow, water or shiny surfaces, and generally enhance visibility and contrast. Very useful in the intense sun of the mountains.
Photochromic: The Cameleon lenses will darken or lighten in response to sunlight from category 2 (lighter) to the maximum category 4 (darker) when it's really bright. All this happens so quickly that you hardly notice. Great for sudden blasts of sunlight when climbing on a cloudy day.
Cameleon or Camel Lenses?
Exactly the same lenses just different names. In the USA the lenses are called Camel lenses, in Europe the lenses are called Cameleon lenses!