Main Features of the Black Diamond Iron Cruiser Via Ferrata Set
- Y-shaped lanyard with ripper shock absorbtion and Iron Cruiser karabiners
- Capable of safely holding a factor 5 fall
- Elasticated extendable lanyards
- Twisted loop for larks-footing to harness
- Auto-locking mechanism unlocks quickly and easily for frequent use
- Iron Cruiser karabiner gate locks with a simple sliding sprung sleeve
- Ergonomic karabiner frame for easy handling
- Wide gate opening allows karabiner to clip thick bars and cable
- Smooth nose so no snagging
- Designed for use by climbers between 45 and 100kg on its own
- Weight: 462g
The Black Diamond Iron Cruiser Via Ferrata Set is a Y-shaped shock absorbing lanyard designed for use on via ferrata and other situations where a slip could result in a high fall factor. Shock absorbtion is provided by a series of ripper stitches. Both arms of the lanyard are elasticated to keep them tidy and manageable. Attachment to a harness is by larks-footing the twisted sling directly to the belay loop.
The Black Diamond Iron Cruiser Via Ferrata Set comes with two Iron Cruiser karabiners, which are ergonomically designed for ease of use and regular clipping, even with thick gloves on. These karabiners are designed with a huge gate opening for clipping cables and rungs, and lock with a simple sprung sliding sleeve on the gate.
Please note: Via ferrata sets are designed for use by climbers between 45 and 100kg in weight. Any lighter or heavier and you should use the set in conjunction with a roped belay.