Main Features of the La Sportiva Mix
- Recommended use: Approaching crags, easy climbing, via ferrata
- Fit: All round
- Stiffness: Stiff
- Upper: Suede leather and micro fibre
- Lining: Micro fibre no-sweat for enhanced comfort
- Midsole: Dual density: MEMlex compressed EVA with moulded, shock absorbing heel
- Sole: FriXion XF with Impact Brake System at the heel and climbing zone at the toe
- Fastening: Lace
- Weight: 640g (Pair - size 42)
The La Sportiva Mix is as it's name suggests is a true hybrid of approach shoe and climbing shoe. As an approach shoe the Mix is ideal for use on hard and rocky terrain, and it is equipped with a climbing zone at the toe for use on rock routes, via ferrata or aid climbs. A shock absorbing heel softens any impact on hard ground and technical features such as the asymmetrical lacing system have been extended to the toe for a better, tighter fit when climbing.
The snug fitting heel has been inspired by the construction methods of climbing shoes to provide greater stability and abrasion resistance. There is also a rear loop so you can attach the shoes to your harness.
The vintage look and the construction of the heel in rubber are a nod to the traditional La Sportiva climbing shoes of the 80s, further enhanced by the use of the original 80s label “climbing on the moon”. The volume of the Mix is wide for maximum comfort, and the use of the Ortholite footbed allows the shoe to be worn for many hours. The FriXion XF outsole is ultra sticky and provides an even greater hold on more technical rock pitches.
No posts found