Main Features of the La Sportiva TX2
- Lightweight technical approach shoe designed for performance and portability
- Built-in Combo Cord™ system for secure carrying
- Recommended use: Approaching crags, easy climbing, via ferrata
- Upper:Animal-friendly knitted fabric with varying elasticity; Ocean/Flame colour
- Lining: Non-slip Mesh
- Midsole: Shock absorbing, injected EVA
- Sole: Vibram Mega-Grip, with Impact Brake System and climbing zone
- Fastening: Lace
- Weight: 560g (pair - size 42)
- Sizes: 38-46*
With the TX2 La Sportiva aimed to combine a trail-running shoe with a climbing shoe, to provide the wearer with support and grip with as little weight and as much comfort as possible. Speed and safety are the key design criteria.
They are built upon a 'sucker pad' pattern on the Mega-Grip sole, to give security approaching a route and on the descent, with a more sensitive, smooth area under the toes for climbing. In the midsole the TX2 house an injected EVA foam for cushioning, toped with a 4mm Ortholite footbed. The uppers are designed without stitching and constructed from an elastic, abrasion resistant fabric, girded with a protective pattern to boost durability. The lacing takes its cue from the classic - and greatly adustable - Mythos, to provide all-over tension around the foot and heel.
The TX2 should cope happily with scrambles and easy climbs, but on multi-pitch routes one can use the integrated Combo Cord™ system to stow them easily to the back of the harness to be ready for a return from the top in comfort, and their low weight means they can hang without intrusion. And being constructed from knitted fabric and rubber means they do not contain animal-derived materials.
*Half-sizes may also be available - please contact us for further information.
No posts found