Main Features of the Petzl Ascension Handled Ascender
- Handled Climbing ascender with moulded grip for even greater comfort
- Recessed trigger with safety catch to avoid accidental opening
- Chrome-plated steel cam with angled teeth for a secure grip even on wet, icy or muddy ropes
- Lightweight and durable
- Multiple attachment points allow for different uses (e.g. self-belaying, haul systems, etc
- Anodised frames are colour coded for easy identification (black - left / grey - right)
- 1 cm secondary hole at the bottom will accommodate a screw link for attaching
aiders, slings, etc
- For use on single rope from 8 mm to 13 mm in diameter
- Weight: 165g each
- Materials: Single piece aluminium frame, chrome-plated steel cam, rubber over moulded plastic grip, nylon catch
- Certification: CE EN 567, UIAA
The Petzl Ascension provides the benchmark for handled ascenders with greater comfort, efficiency and ease of use.
The ergonomically shaped grip is over moulded with rubber for greater friction and the broader surface provides greater comfort while pulling on the ascender. The grip is wider at the bottom providing better comfort for your hand during use.
The index finger indent has also been increased offering greater efficiency when pulling on the ascender. The trigger to open/close the cam is now recessed inside the frame to avoid accidentally opening the cam while in use.
The cam has been redesigned to minimize friction when sliding the ascender along the rope while the angled teeth provide secure grip in the worst conditions (wet, icy, or on muddy ropes). The geometry of the single piece aluminium frame ensures optimal handle orientation when the device is loaded and will maintain solid, comfortable performance even after thousands of metres of jugging.
Found a better price ? Check out our Price match guarantee
No posts found