Main Features of the Petzl Dart
- Modular crampon for ice and mixed climbing
- Leverlock Fil: wire toe bail and step-in heel bail binding system
- Forged front point for precise placements
- Front Points can be Mono or Dual.
- Toe bail wire has two positions for optimum fit
- Front point length can be adjusted with one screw.
- Horizontal structure places the foot as close to the ice as possible: increased sensitivity, more precise placements
- Asymmetric shape
- Easily folded for transportation
- Lateral points for purchase while traversing
- Anti-balling plates included
- Fits EU sizes 34-44
- Optional long linking bar available to fit boots sizes 41 to 50 Curved (assymmetrical) or Straight
- Weight: 820g per pair
- Material: Charlet steel, nylon
The Petzl Dart is a compact and lightweight modular crampon. In Mono pint mode it' great for steep ice routes and standing on tiny edges when mixed climbing. The vertical forged front point punches into the ice with precision while the two back up points face forwards for extra support when you drop your heel. The third set of points are cleverly angled backwards for hooking around ice columns on steep routes. In dual point mode it becomes a superb technical mountaineering crampon
The Leverlock Fil binding system has a wire toe bail and a clip heel bail with a webbing strap which runs through the bottom of the heel bail to help avoid accidental release. It also has a micro-adjustment so you can fit it perfectly to your boot's heel welt.
No posts found