Main Features of the Petzl Grigri 2
- Belay device with assisted braking for ropes 8.9mm to 11mm diameter
- Small and compact
- Excellent control during the descent
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Certification: prEN 15151-1 type 6, UIAA (EN 892 ropes only)
- Weight: 185g
- Materials: Aluminium side plates, Stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
The Grigri 2 is a belay device with the added extra of assisted braking. With the Grigri 2, you belay in exactly the same way as you do with a normal belay device, and hold a fall by tightening your grip on the free end of the rope.
The only difference is that when the lead climber falls, as you tighten your hold on the free end of the rope, the cam inside the Grigri 2 pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking power until the fall is stopped.
Most climbers will be familiar with the original Grigri. The Grigri 2 is not only smaller and lighter, but is designed to work on thinner climbing ropes that many climbers are using today. It also has smoother lowering control than the original Grigri thus giving much more control as you lower your partner.
Found a better price ? Check out our Price match guarantee
No posts found