Main Features of the Petzl Nomic - Pair Deal
- Excellent, well balanced, leashless, technical ice/mixed climbing tool
- Ergonomic over-moulded handle offers multiple grip options
- Grip can be adjusted to fit the size of the hand and glove.
- 3 Year Guarantee
- Less pick shift when switching hands
- PUR'ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm), offering excellent penetration in any type of ice
- Supplied with MASSELOTTE pick weights
- Sold with MINI MARTEAU, to protect the head and allow the user to hammer a piton back in
- Griprest has stainless steel point that improves support when used in piolet-canne mode
- Fully modular head: Can add hammer, adze or pick weights
- Weight: 585g per tool
- Length: 50cm
- Pick: Chromoly steel
- Shaft: Aluminium
The Petzl Nomic is an excellent leashless ice tool which combines stunning balance with a great design. When holding the Nomic, the grip can be held in three different ways, which enables almost any kind of grip combination whilst hooking or torquing.
The main grip is extremely comfortable and feels very natural when held with your index finger on the Trigrest. You can also hold the Nomic on the secondary grip with your little finger on the Trigrest. Changing the grip in this way helps to ease the pump in your forearms thus helping you to move with more confidence on the ice. The secondary grip is also useful when swapping tools, double gripping or hooking your tools.
The Nomic is designed so that the weight is distributed towards the tip of the pick, which makes the swing more efficient enabling you to use powerful swings and precise placements.
The pick itself is designed to work with the handle's multiple grips and each grip position corresponds to a specific tooth on the pick for increased holding power. This also makes the Nomic incredibly well balanced and the geometry is engineered to reduce pick shift when changing hand positions.
The grip size can be adjusted: three positions to accommodate different hand sizes or glove combinations, and there is grip tape on the upper handle which provides better grip and thermal insulation.
Petzl make a T rated Ice Pick and a T rated mixed pick (which Petzl call their Dry Pick) available separately. The Dry Pick has teeth on the top of the pick and is the same thickness as the 'Ice Pick. Both picks are interchangeable with the original Nomic.
The Nomic comes with a Mini Marteau attached which protects the head and allows pegs to be placed.
Found a better price ? Check out our Price match guarantee