Main Features of the Petzl Quark 2018 - Pair Deal
- Extremely versatile and lightweight, technical ice tool
- Special Pair Deal price - Includes hammer and adze
- Shaft is hydroformed for optimal grip in the middle of the shaft, for snow couloirs
- Comfortable grip with adjustable trigger finger
- Griprest handrest folds in easily for planting the ice axe in snow
- Adze and hammer can be removed to climb 'plain'
- Low grip and high grip options
- Optional Pick Weights can be fitted
- Tapered T-rated ICE pick (a T-rated Mixed/Dry Pick is available separately)
- Connection hole is compatible with V-LINK elasticated loss-prevention webbing
- Leashes not included
- Weight: 550g per tool (465g stripped)
- Length: 50cm
- Pick: Steel
- Shaft: Aluminium
The Petzl Quark is probably one of the most versatile ice tools available.
With the Griprest and Finger Trigger (Trigrest) fitted, the Quark is capable of getting you up hard technical ice pitches and mixed routes, with or without leashes. Remove the rests and you are left with a brilliant technical mountaineering axe, making it an ideal choice for the alps or Scotland. The grip rest folds up easily allowing the axe to plunge nicely into snow.
The Quark is easy to use: its balance and tapered ICE pick (T Rated Ice Pick) allow solid placements in any type of ice. Hooking is more efficient, thanks to the clearance under the head and the shape of the pick.
For leashless climbing the Griprest and the Trigrest combine to ensure a comfortable, powerful grip. Flick the bottom of the Trigrest up, and you can adjust the position with ease.
Found a better price ? Check out our Price match guarantee
No posts found