Main Features of the Petzl Sarken Leverlock Universal
- Technical do-it-all crampon for mountaineering, ice and mixed climbing
- Two vertical front points with 'T' shaped cross section: more security on ice and steep snow
- Leverlock Universal Bindings - Wire toe bail or Rubber toe bail (both included)
- Secondary points angled forward to reinforce purchase and give support when front-pointing
- Asymmetric shape
- Integrating anti-balling plates
- Linking bar can be set for flexible or semi-rigid modes to adapt the crampon to flexible or rigid boots
- No tools are required to adjust the length which makes them very quick and to adjust.
- 12 points
- Fits EU sizes 36-46
- Optional long bar is available to fit sizes: 41-50
- Weight: 870g with wire bail, 905g with Rubber bail.
- Material: Chromoly steel
The Petzl Sarken is the 4x4 of crampons. Ideal for anyone climbing ice and mixed terrain. The vertical front points penetrate hard ice very well, and have a hooded 'T' shaped cross section so they also perform extremely well in steep snow and neve as the hood prevents slippage unlike a 'true' vertical front point crampon. The steel on the Sarken has been heat treated to increase the strength and durability of the crampon as a whole. It also has structural re-enforcements on both sides of the crampon to further increase the durability.
The Leverlock Uiversal binding system has either a wire toe bail or a rubber front bail,(both are supplied with the crampons) and a clip heel bail with a webbing strap which runs through the bottom of the heel bail to help avoid accidental release. It also has a micro-adjustment so you can fit it perfectly to your boot's heel welt.
No posts found