Main Features of the Petzl Scorpio Eashook
- Y-shaped lanyard with tearing shock absorber equipped with two Eashook Karabiners
- Suitable for users weighing between 40kg and 120kg
- Two retractable arms facilitate access to EASHOOK Karabiners and do not interfere with progression
- One extra short lanyard for resting or traversing: clipped into rung
- EASHOOK automatic locking system is easy to use when passing anchors
- Captive eye, double-action karabiner, easy to use
- Large opening for easy connection of carabiner to cable
- Twisted loop for larks-footing to harness
- Protective pouch with zippered closure for the tearing energy absorber enables its condition to be easily checked
- Usage tips for the via ferrata lanyard displayed on the energy absorber pouch
- Length without biners: Retracted 84.5cm - Extended 115.5cm. Short Arm 36cm
- Weight: 540g
- Certification: CE EN 958 2017 (Also meets new requirements VG11 2013)
The Petzl Scorpio Eashook is a Y-shaped shock absorbing lanyard designed for use on via ferrata and other situations where a slip could result in a high fall factor. Shock absorption is provided by a tearing energy absorber located in a zipped pouch making it easy to be checked regularly. Both arms of the lanyard are elasticated to keep them tidy and manageable, and there is a third short lanyard for clipping in close for traversing or attachment to a rung in order to rest. Attachment to a harness is by larks-footing the sling directly to the belay loop.
The Petzl Scorpio Eashook comes complete with two Petzl Eashook karabiners, which are easy to hold with a gloved hand and also very easy to open and clip in to cables or ladders as you climb. These karabiners are designed with a huge gate opening and open by simply squeezing the karabiner, instantly locking securely when you let go.