Main Features of the Petzl Swift RL
- Extremely powerful and lightweight head torch with Reactive Lighting Technology
- 900 Lumens at 100 grams
- Sensor detects light and automatically dims or increases the beam
- Two lighting modes: Reactive Lighting and Standard
- Two lighting levels which self regulate: Max Power - brightness priority, Max Autonomy - burn time priority
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery: Works in low temperatures, easily rechargeable via the type B micro USB port, with battery charge indicator
- Multifunction on/off switch can be locked to avoid accidentally switching on/off
- Adjustable headband: Easy to adjust and very stable
- Comes with Lithium-Ion 2350 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- Five-level gauge for precise monitoring of the battery charge level
- Recharge time: ~6h
- Watertightness: IP X4, weather resistant
- 5 year guarantee
- Light output at maximum level: 900 Lumens
- Light distance at maximum level: 150 metres
- Maximum battery life: ~25 hours
- Weight: 100g
- Petzl ref: E095BA00
- Spare rechargable Battery available Petzl Accu Swift
The Petzl Swift RL is an extremely powerful, ultra-weightleight, featuring their 'Reactive Lighting' technology. With 900 lumen brightness at only 100g, the Swift RL is the most powerful of the Petzl compact headlamps. A sensor in the unit detects the ambient light levels and automatically adapts the strength of the beam accordingly.
In the self-adjusting Reactive Lighting mode, the beam adapts instantly and automatically: full power for distance vision, lighting up tracks and features at night, medium power for moving around, or low power for proximity lighting and map reading. This mode optimises battery use and therefore increases the burn time of the head torch.
When looking at an object at close range, for example, such as your map or when tying a knot, the beam widens and becomes much less powerful so as not to blind you. When walking or running, the beam intensifies and gets more powerful as you look at the path in front of you, lighting your way. If you raise your head looking for a path marker or a belay or feature on your climb for example, the beam maximises to it's brightest setting and becomes more focused.
The Swift RL can also be set to run on Standard Lighting Mode where the beam is set to one brightness until the battery starts to run out of charge at which time the beam decreases significantly.