Main Features of the Petzl Unireverso
- Complete, lightweight belay system: Reverso 4 belay device and Attache Karabiner
- Belay device held in optimal position to prevent cross-loading
- Ultra light, multi-purpose belay/abseil device with direct belay brake-assist mode
- ARC technology: braking control for twin, half and single dynamic ropes
- Reverso Mode: independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two seconding climbers
- A great choice for mountain routes where direct belays are common place
- Quick changeovers from Reverso mode to belaying the leader when climbing multi-pitch route
- Can belay the leader, one or two seconding climbers and can be used for abseiling
- Asymmetrically lateral grooved sidewalls for increased braking power during a leader or top rope fall or while rappelling
- V-shaped friction channels: increased friction on thin ropes, friction is adapted for larger diameter ropes
- Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls: increased braking power during a leader or top rope fall or while rappelling, rope slides smoothly through device when taking up slack
- Karabiner hole to release device when loaded in Reverso mode
- Rope friendly - will not kink the ropes.
- For use on half ropes & twin ropes 7.5mm or greater and single ropes 8.9mm or greater
- Usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device
- Weight: 123g
The Unireverso is a complete belay system which combines a Revereso 4 belay device and an Attache Karabiner. The belay device is held in the optimal position by a sliding connection piece which is attached to the spine of the karabiner. This also limits the risk of dropping your belay device as it is held in place when threading or unthreading the ropes.
When belaying, the Reverso 4 is held in the correct position, which prevents the karabiner from turning, thus eliminating a potentially dangerous cross-loading situation.
The Reverso 4 is an ultra-light, multi-purpose belay/abseil device. At only 59g the Reverso 4 is a staggering 25% lighter than the Reverso 3. This is achieved by insetting the sides and adding an extra holes near the main Reverso Mode hole.
As well as having high and low friction modes due to V-shaped grooves where the rope runs and asymmetric sidewalls, the Reverso 4 can also be attached directly to the anchor/belay and used in a assisted-locking Reverso mode, with assisted braking if the seconding climber falls. The Reverso 4 is a great choice for mountain routes where direct belays are common place, and for bringing up two seconds.
The Reverso 4 has a special carabiner hole at the front which enables the belayer to release the device when loaded in Reverso mode (When weighted by a second) & allows the loaded device to be easily and gradually released by gently pulling on a carabiner placed in the hole.
|Petzl Attache Screwgate Karabiner|
|Closed Gate - 22kN||24mm||55g|
|Open Gate - 6kN|
|Minor Axis - 8kN|
No posts found