Main Features of the Petzl Zipka
- Compact and lightweight head torch with retractable cord
- Wear on head, wrist or even a tent pole or post
- Two lighting modes: adapt to various situations
- Proximity lighting mode: wide, comfortable beam for close-range
- Mode for limited movement: wide beam allows movement over shorter distances
- Lighting modes easily changed with simple push button switch
- Phosphorescent reflector allows the lamp to be located in the dark
- Compatible with lithium batteries
- Elastic headband adjusts easily and is washable
- Water resistant
- Alkaline batteries included: 3 AAA/LR03 batteries
- Light output at maximum level: 300 Lumens
- Light distance at maximum level: 65 metres
- Light output at economy level: 6 Lumens
- Light distance at economy level: 10 metres
- Maximum battery life: 120 hours (Economy mode)
- Weight: 66g
The Petzl Zipka is an ultra-compact and lightweight head torch. The Dyneema Zip cord is retractable, working in a similar way to a tape measure. As you pull the cord out you can put the Zipka onto your head, around your wrist or even onto a tent pole. As you let go of the cord it retracts securing the head torch in place.
The lighting modes on the Zipka are simply maximum & economy, with a healthy 120 hours of battery life in the economy mode. All can be accessed easily through the push button button.
The Zipka is also compatible with 3 x AAA Batteries or the Petzl Core rechargable battery.
Please note: As an alternative, the Petzl Tikka is exactly the same head torch but with a more substantial head strap, which is a bit more comfy when worn for longer periods.
No posts found