Main Features of Beal Jammy 50cm
- A sewn prusik loop made with 5.5mm cord
- To create a prusik knot for increased security during a rope descent
- Works with prusik or french prusik
- To create a rope clamp for quick hauling
- For use with 7.3mm to 8.1mm ropes
- No knot which means less bulk when carried on your harness
- Aramid core: similar to Kevlar so it is very strong and also highly heat resistant, unlike Dyneema which melts easily.
The Beal Jammy is a sewn prusik loop made from 5.5mm cord with an aramid core and polyamide sheath. It can be used with single or half ropes, either with a single half rope or both.
It can be used to make a prusik knot for increased security during an abseil and to create a rope clamp for hauling/crevasse rescue. The knots used can be either the standard Prusik where the cord is wound round the rope several times before one end is poked through the other and clipped to a karabiner, or the French Prusik where both ends are clipped to the karabiner.
See the Beal Jammy 60cm
|Rope Diameter||No. of Turns
|7.3mm - 8.1mm||5
No posts found