Main Features of the DMM Mantis
- Compatible with ropes ranging from 7.3mm to 11mm
- Anodised for corrosion resistance and colour co-ordination
- Two friction modes for smooth control
- Suitable for single, half/double and twin ropes
- Available in Purple, Orange and Grey
- Weight: 45g
The DMM Mantis is a very lightweight belay device. It uses the same geometry as its production sibling, the DMM Pivot, but strips away the direct-anchor loop to reduce weight and bulk. Working equally well with single ropes at the climbing wall or sport crag or double ropes in the mountains, the Mantis can be orientated either way for optimum friction; use the grooves with thinner ropes - or a chunky leader - when more grip is required, and the smooth side for fat 'n' fuzzy wall ropes.