Main Features of the Smartwool Mountaineering Extra Heavy Crew
- Heavy duty, warm full-cushioned sock suitable for mountaineering, ice climbing and skiing
- 2 x 1 rib knit cuff
- WOW Technology in reinforced sole for maximum comfort and durability
- Excellent moisture, temperature and odour control
- Soft, non-itch feel
- Flat knit toe seam for comfort
- SmartWool Fit System with arch and ankle support
- Materials: 83% Merino Wool, 16% Nylon, 1% Elastane
The Mountaineering Extra Heavy Crew is a long, warm full-cushioned mountaineering sock that will keep your feet warm and dry when you're mountaineering and ice climbing. The arch brace holds the sock in place and adds additional support with a flat-knit toe seam for lasting comfort throughout the day.
Unlike synthetics, which have to wait for moisture to condense into a liquid before wicking it away from your skin, Smartwool absorbs and transfers moisture in its vapour state, before it condenses. When it's hot, this creates a mini air-conditioning unit next to your skin, transferring body heat through your socks. When it's cold, this keeps bone-chilling moisture at bay.
Because SmartWool products are great at managing moisture, they don't give odor-causing bacteria a chance to take up residence. This means that you can go full throttle all day and more without smelling.
No posts found