Main Features of the Petzl Grigri
- Belay device with assisted braking for ropes 8.5mm to 11mm diameter
- Small and compact
- Excellent control during the descent
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Certification: prEN 15151-1, UIAA
- Weight: 175g
- Materials: Aluminium side plates, Stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Karabiner not supplied
The Petzl Grigri is a belay device with the added extra of assisted braking. With the Grigri, you belay in exactly the same way as you do with a normal belay device, and hold a fall by tightening your grip on the free end of the rope.
The only difference is that when the lead climber falls, as you tighten your hold on the free end of the rope, the cam inside the Grigri pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking power until the fall is stopped.
Similar to the original Grigri, this model works with a broad range of single rope diameters from 8.5mm to 11mm (best suited between 8.9mm-11mm).
Found a better price ? Check out our Price match guarantee